Contacts » Transcripts


Transcript Requests

Both the Official and the Unofficial Transcript contain the same information about a student's academic record: chronological list of classes, grades, and credits. Official Transcript includes the Registrar's signature, the school seal, and the date issued. An Official Transcript is sealed in an envelope, which should not be opened by anyone except the intended recipient. It is a legal document. An Unofficial Transcript is the student's academic record without signature, seal, date, or sealed envelope.

For current seniors applying to college:

  • UC and CSU do NOT need a transcript as part of your application.
  • Colleges that take The Common Application will receive your transcript as part of the documents your counselor sends. Enter your counselor's name and email address where indicated in your Common Application account.
  • Other Colleges occasionally require an official transcript as part of the application. If so, they usually provide a place to enter your counselor's email and they send us a link to upload it for you.
  • If you aren't sure if you need an official transcript as part of  of your applications or you need help, email your counselor!
  • FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions for seniors.

MCHS Alumni:

Unofficial and official transcripts may be ordered online through Parchment for a fee (click, ORDER MY Transcript button below) or you may come into the MCHS office to request up to two transcripts at no charge. For in-person orders, please present valid ID to the Registrar, Mrs. Richardson-Rios, in the Administration building. Allow up to four business days for completion of your request.
MCHS Registrar:
Steffanie Richardson-Rios
Phone: (858) 484-1180 x3130
Fax:  (858) 538-4544
Email: [email protected]